An icy rendezvous  

Posted by Divya A L in

It was summer holidays again
I was rejoicing after exams that were such a pain

For killing time, i majestically found "n" ways
When friends joined, we were murdering it in the best possible ways

Early sleeps and late wake ups were the routine then on
Not even titling my face in the mornings when my mom splashed water upon

One night i was awoken out of sleep due to a continued doorbell press
Cursing badly, i opened the door to find the damsel in distress

It was Anjali, my friend who came seeking for a shelter
Her parents were out of station and urged her to stay at my place better

Invited her in with a warm hug
The next 1 hr were full of laughters as if we had had a peg

We were set to sleep on 2 couches
That were both arranged in L-shaped right angles

I slept on the one opposite which was a television
Anjali settled on the one behind mine closed her eyes uttering a prayer of devotion

I again woke up unable to bear the cacophony
When i opened my eyes i found the TV playing the station Sony

It was that bewitching smile of Anjali that took me by surprise
When asked if she wasn't sleeping, she grinned telling she was awaiting her prize

I asked her to reduce the volume which she harshly refused
Asked her to hand over the remote to do it myself, my tone very confused

She did so stretching her arms to reach me with the remote along
When i turned back, i realised that the stretch was so unusually long

Her hand moved past me like an extension tape
I sat on my couch upright my mouth wide open with a gape

I turned to look at her, i knew how ambidextrous she was
In one hand she operated the remote with the other she turned the knife across

I stood up to run away from her with silent whine
She held my throat with a third hand, that sent a chill up my spine

She started to spray something on my face that made it swell
I tightly closed my eyes which were drooling into a bottomless well

Being too scared and frightened i finally opened my eyes
It was my mom beside me wiping my forehead with a cloth as cold as ice

Though i realised it was a "scary dream" i had,
I still hadn't uttered a word, being afraid of the witch's fourth hand ;)

Next day i had a seminar presentaion to deliver
Had to skip the class due to very high fever

The third day i went to the college
The first person i met was Mrs Anjali the witch ;)

I narrated the whole episode over which her laughter piled
But my eyes could only see that the witch again smiled

PS: Till this day i get a lil scared at her after that nightmare ;) But to be honest she's a very sweet lady i have ever met :)

This entry was posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 at Monday, January 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

haha...A story very nicely put in the form of a poetry...Cool..
BTW poor Anjali... :)

January 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Thanks. Yeah poor anjali.. She may even turn into a witch if she reads this ;)

January 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Anonymous  

Nicely u hav recollectd watvr u had dreamt and have put it really gud...bt persnlly felt tat u cud have written it still more beutifully...u can...

January 27, 2009 at 6:32 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
January 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM

you will become famous professional story writer for sure.. You can do it.. and i could not understand your complex words!

Most of the people likes to read the story with simple English!

January 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM

it kept me reading till the end
good job..

January 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM

@prashanth: Ohhh thanks... BTW yaav can'u'... :P

January 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM

@madhu: What is sooo complicated in this that u did not understand??? Anyways will try keeping it simpler :) Thanks for that word of encouragement ;)

@Aru: Thanks so much le...

January 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Anonymous  

just came across ur blog... reading it made sense... but the color scheme sucks... hope u change it!!!

January 30, 2009 at 1:30 PM

@Anonymous: Hi there... Nice to hear that it made sense.. As long as they content is sensi-ble, i guess the color scheme shouldn't bother much. I'm pretty happy with the current color scheme... Will keep your suggestion in mind when i next decide to change it... Thanks.

February 1, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Did Anjali get a chance to read this post ;)

October 25, 2011 at 5:31 PM

@SD: Oh yaaa man! She did! And turned into this kind for the next two days :P :)

October 25, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Post a Comment