My first true love  

Posted by Divya A L in

It happened to me at the age of eight
Unmistakably it was "love at first sight"


He was put up in the house next lane
Everytime i saw him i used to go insane


Every mornings he went for a walk
Secretly I followed him, trying for a talk


One fine day He noticed me walking behind him
Being caught red-handed, my face turned pale and grim


Extended my hands for a shake with a pleasant smile
Returning a handshake, we walked together with his strides so swift and agile

The grandparents were his only caretakers
Who flew out of the country, and he started to live with us afterwards

Then on spent most time playing, laughing with Him
He was known for his energy and vim


Always came back to me though i used to put up fights
He was the sweetest and never gave me back bites

Days passed, years rolled
I stepped into college, the tender age was unfold

The first day Seniors were ready to rag me and waited in a Queue
His mighty entry behind me shook everyone and there was my rescue

He was always with me - day through night
In his company, i always felt very light

We grew closer day by day
Couldn't stay away from him even for a single day

On a sunday morning i woke up and found him missing
Searched for him everywhere in vain - my mind seemed to stop working

There he was - lying behind my couch
Something seemed very wrong - he was postured like a slouch

He closed his eyes now and then, his conscious, he tried to regain
Finally Slept an ever lasting sleep... opened his eyes never again...


P.S : In memories of my beloved pet dog Tommy.

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 at Sunday, June 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 comments

Till the end I thought.. well forget it :D Nice piece, Divya.. Did you get another dog ever?

June 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Thanks!! :) Nope i never got another one... I hadn't cried so much ever... Its terrible pain and the stomach churns like hell and i was not ready to go thru again with another pet...

June 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Bharathi  

Hi dear,

hmmm!!!!Seeing the title I was very curious to read ur blog ;) (yaarappa adu antha!!!).

After reading first few lines..I thought its going to be like
"Mansantha nuvve" and rushed towards the next lines!!!!!!!!

The last lines reminded me the days when my doggy(JIMMY) was taken away from our house.Seriously
I couldnt read for my exams and got it back home .JIMMY was jumping on everyone when
entered house , as if its telling each n everyone @home that its back :)))

"Dogs are the most amazing creatures on the Earth; loves you more than he loves himself".

These lines are for you.(Though its Remake ;) )

Divu wo jo bichadte hai ek naa ek din phir mil jaate,

Kabhi kabhi divu... zindagi mein yuhi koi apna lagta hai,
Kabhi kabhi divu... wo bichad jaaye to ek sapna lagta hai,
Aise mein koi kaise apne aasuon ko behne se roke?
Aur kaise koi soch le everything’s gonna be ok?

And your Dream guy is going to get ur TommyII back whether you know or not(JAANE TU JAANE NA)

Cheers,
Bharathi

June 14, 2009 at 8:30 PM

@Bharathi: What a comment this was!!! I am entralled!!!

I justt love dogs!!

I will make sure that my dream guy (oops guys are not entertained in my dreams ;) ) reads all my posts along with the comments... (will gift him with amrutanjan family pack if need be).

On the day of the marriage, i wil intro u to him telling - "this is bharti - the bond who brought tegether me u and tommy" hahahaha... :D :D :D

Thanks for that wonderful song dedication!!! What presence of mind you have!! :)))

June 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

It really made me cry thinking about your sweet angel's end :'(
Well written Divya.

June 15, 2009 at 8:02 PM

@Sleeping Devil: Yeah i was v much in love with it :( thanks!!

June 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Why didnt you name the title as "My first true Love - Tommy"??
Very clever to make ppl read your post..;-) hehe

June 17, 2009 at 8:01 AM

@dilip: Its for the same reason as this :) :) :) As is the guru so is the shishye ;)

June 17, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Anonymous  

Haha gud one..Ninge naayi jothe 1st love aagide...nange Kaage jothe 1st love aagide........

June 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM

@prashath: Kaaage haari hogutthe hushaaru!!! Gooobe :P

June 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Anonymous  

rekke cut maadudre ellu haari hoogalla...gottaaytha???

June 18, 2009 at 10:45 PM

@Prashanth: abbbaaa... crminal brain nindu!! Rekke cut maadtidre kalle puri tinkond koothirutta kaage??? :-|

June 18, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Bharathi  

hey jaasthi kaage haarisbedi ;)

it was really a PJ :)))

Kaage jothe First Love!!!!!

Nice comment.Laughed like mad :)

he he he

June 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM

@Bharathi: 1st line correctly told ;) me too laughed like mad!! :P

June 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM

touching one!!!master piece ..

August 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Thanks Shwetu!!! :)

August 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM

hey nice one kane...office nalli kelsa illa andre e tara story na hodta time pass madtini inmele........thanks kane

October 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

@Anil: Thanks!! :))) maja maadu!! :)

October 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Post a Comment