Chicken Pepper chettinad!  

Posted by Divya A L in

Ingredients:

Chicken 1/2 kilo
2 onions
1 tomato
mustard seeds
cumin seeds and powder
coriander leaves and powder
curry leaves
coarsely ground pepper
ginger-garlic paste
chilli powder
turmeric powder
green chillies - 4-5

Method of preparation:
Heat 3 tbs oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, wait till they pop. Add onions, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and fry for another minute. Add salt, 1 tbs chilli powder, 2 tbs coriander powder, 1 tbs cumin powder and mix. Add a glass of water to this, put in chicken and mix well.... Allow it to cook for about 20 min (till it turns dry). Now add 2 tbps pepper powder , curry leaves, coriander leaves and fry till almost dry! The spicy yummy pepper chicken now awaits you!


~Cooking time: 30 min.
Serves 4.

PS: This was the most yummiest dish I've ever made. It was finger lickin good!! I never knew I had cultivated a master chef in me!! :P :D [I am aware of my habit (good for me bad for you) of bragging about myself] But I SWEAR, it was yummy!!! :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at Tuesday, March 20, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Wow, such an easy recipe and the dish looks so yum yum :)

March 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM

looks yummy divya!!u changed ur blog in to a cookery blog...?ah!hmmmm not bad..

March 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM

@SD: Yeah dear, it was indeed vvv easy to make! Total cooking time is nt more than 30min. You should try too.. Goes v well with roti or even plain rice!

@Vaheedaji: Haha, not really dear! Sometimes, on unexpected occassions I cook and fortunately it turns out that they taste really good :)

March 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Anonymous  

mustard seeds.. yak!! this is not chitra anna for God sake..!!

September 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Post a Comment