Naming ceremony  

Posted by Divya A L

The day he came home, there were mixed reactions in the family.

"Ohhh... why did you get him? I did not promise that i'll take care of him. Leave him from where you got." an inaugral statement from my father.

"Of course you did!! I will call Sapna, the eyewitness. You had told so in her presence. Anyways, I cannot go back to leave him now. " I said calmly.

"I am already too much fed up with you!! And now him!! I am looking forward to the day you get married and then out of this home!!" my mom blasted.

"If you keep humiliating me like this, one fine day I'm gonna elope with a deaf or dumb guy. I will start my search right now" I said in a low tone in an attempt to scare her.

"Well, here's an unsolicited help from me.You don't have to go in search of them. Just goto K R Market. You will find so many such people in victoria hospital. I will be happy that you will spend your entire life serving the unfortunate ones." said my mom her voice cooler than ever.

She is impossible I thought and gave up.

I thought I made a terrible mistake that day getting him home. Nobody wanted him here. :(

I took some of his snaps and uploaded them on orkut. Another terrible mistake. The pics were taken just after his walk and so, in the snaps it appeared as though he was tied up.
Comments on orkut:

Friend 1: "Don't steal his food"
No wonder she's my close friend. She knew what would happen to half the cerelac, though I argued I never touched his food.

Friend 2: "When you are already there, did also need him in your home??"
I still wonder what that meant!!

Freind 3: " I pity your mom. Now she has this additional work of taking care of him also. I shall tell her to throw you out first!!"
I have a major doubt if she is my friend or my mom's. Just coz she's married, she wants me also to join the club!! (or the pit??)

Friend 4: "I didn't know you were so cruel divya!! Plz let him free!!"
Why don't people understand a simple logic that you'd get a pet home only if you love them. No question of cruelty at all!!

I don't understand what my friends gain putting me into so much humiliation.

Next day my father asked - "What are you gonna name him?"

"That means he's gonna stay. Thanks !!" I said happily.

"No not at all!! I just asked if the breeder has already named him something. Not because I wanted him here permanently" lied my father. He continued a gyaan session on the troubles we'd face if he was here. Not that he dislikes dogs, he, in fact likes them 100 times more than me. I knew it the moment he asked about naming the pup.

We started suggesting names and my father insisted on tommy (my prev pet)

"We'll name him Dixie!! " I said.

My father started to laugh loudly. "Whats wrong with you??" I asked.

"That's quite a popular name. Not for the pups but for the inner wear" he said.

My face turned pale n purple. Dixie kind of matched my name (5 letters starting with D)

"How about Dominic?"I suggested, this time a name with 7 letters starting with D.

"That is no good either"said my father.

"But whyy??"

"It isn't easy to call. Somehow I don't like it!!" my father expressed displeasure.

"If he has to stay in this house, call him Bruno" said my mom.

I instantly liked it. BUT MY FATHER DID NOT.

"Ok mom, this will be named Bruno. But you should never again crib about me getting him home. If you do I will start calling him Lalith ;) " I said.
"Come again, what did you say??" she asked with a disgruntled look on her face.
Before she could say any more, I escaped to the terrace. :P

On the terrace I heard my father calling him "Bruny".
"Papa, he is BruNO not Bruny" I corrected. k.
"Oh ok. Hey tommy " he said.

So now he has 3 names Bruno Bruny and Tommy. And the best part is he responds to all thos names. :D







This entry was posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 at Thursday, October 29, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

1 name or 3 names, you still tie him up... paapaa...

;-);-)

November 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

@dilip: I haven't and will not!

November 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I am damn sure, your parents also like Bruno, just that they want to pull your leg :D

November 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM

@SD: Yeah... Very true!! Yest i pretended to have given back Bruno and she wanted him back!! :P

November 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Does he let you tie him up even now? :P

November 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM

@Sreejith: :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ No he doesn't and i don't!!

December 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Post a Comment