Oops, I did it again!  

Posted by Divya A L

I had arrived home after a tiring day at work... It was about 7:15 in the evening... When I entered there were some unexpected guests... People whom I had never seen before.... An old couple and their son. My father introduced me to them and we exchanged hi's. I later proceeded to my room to freshen up.

After about 20 min, I went back to the living room and the guests remained... They all seemed to check out an album and as they did that their faces glowed like high voltage bulbs. Out of curiosity, I too joined them... It was the snaps taken on the occasion of a cute baby's birthday. The baby resembled the old couple and their son....

"She's so cute aunty... Whats her name?" I asked....

"Nishmitha, my grand-daughter" she replied....

I turned to their son and said... "Your daughter looks very pretty and she closely resembles you" with a broad smile on my face apparently amused at the resemblance....

As if there was a power cut, everything was suddenly calm and still.... My phone began to ring and it was an old friend of mine... I answered and we started to talk....

"Hey its my wedding coming sunday... " my friend called out all excited....

I congratulated her and went on talking about it for while...

"When is your?" she asked...

"As soon as I find a bakra..." I told her....

The guests at my place suddenly got up to go....

I heard my mom offering them to have dinner at my place...

"No Lalitha... we wanted to meet your daughter.... She seems tired and busy.. Let her take rest... We will leave..." I heard the aunty telling....

I told my friend I'd call her up later and stood up to say bye....

My mom was making a weird face at me which I couldn't comprehend.... I suspected it could be coz I'd been skipping dinner continuously for a while then and today i knew I couldn't say "no" to it...

After they left, she laid out plates for dinner and started...

"Why the hell do you do this??" she demanded...
"Do what??? I did not refuse to eat today as you can see" I said.
"Not that, why cant you simply mind your business?" she said again...
"Mom, please set a context!" I suggested...

"You know who they were?" she asked, as if the president and his family had come down...
"Yes mom... Dad introduced us right.... Mr ans Mrs Ramesh and their son Ravi uncle" I told..

"UNCLE?? How dare you call him uncle?? He is such a nice guy and he is only 30..." she told...

I was too confused.. I didnt know why my mom was fuming when I called him an "uncle". (by mistake obviously!)
"Oh, but he looks too old for his age... Looks obese too... I pity his wife " I told...

"He is unmarried and the kid was his sister's child!" my mom shouted!
Unsurprisingly, the utensils also started to talk....

I waited to eat at the dining table...

"It was a proposal and He came to see you.... The old couple are his parents... blah...blah... blah...."my mom continued....

"Mom, I am not hungry" I told and went into my room, locked the door and couldn't stop giggling recalling the reason for the sudden power cut and their departure! :D




This entry was posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at Thursday, February 24, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

And, the season two starts :)

February 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

@Srini: Look like it!! hmmmm.... :)

February 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Bharathi  

Hi Divya,

I think you tried to follow "Reverse Engineering" process :D
You are intelligent enough to predict wats going on at
home!!!!!!!!.

Nange yaakoo doubtu kane :P so as to reject the guy ....you did all these ;)

Paapa ....I pity Mr. Ravi maama :P
Indirectly you told him that
1. He is a Bakra.
2. He looks like a Father of a Kid.

Cheers,
Bharathi

February 25, 2011 at 5:11 PM

@Bharati: wowowoww.... So much of analysis about me thought process!! :P
Had I known beforehand, I'd have taken the 7:30 cab home ;) Why simply embarrass the guy and all that nakars!!! :P

February 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Well I know what your intention was.. the poor guy must have changed his intention from "marry" to "never marry".. Seriously kane.. the only worse thing you could have done was let Bruno loose on him :D

April 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM

@Sree: That was totally unintentional.... Kya karu... happens only with me.. :(

April 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Post a Comment